Saturday, September 10, 2011

My WVO filteration setup

I live in the southeast US, so I can run WVO without too much modification to my car.
My filtration setup in my back patio is as follows:
1) 55 Gal Plastic barrel with a 5" hole cut in it with a 7"x37" 5micron/1micron filter sock and a hand pump in the standard fill hole.
attached to the hand pump is a water separation filter. after the filter is a hose going to barrel #2.
2) 55 Gal Plastic barrel with a hand pump in the standard fill hole. This is my mix and distrubution barrel.
I pump filtered and dewatered oil into this barrel, add 20% regular gas by volume, a shot of acetone and a shot of Power Service - DieselClean. mix with clean plastic paddle or use the pump to recycle back into itself.
From here, I pump straight into my car.
Total cost: 2 used 55Gal drums - free, 2 hand pumps - $60, filter sock - $20, Hose - $10 , Dewater filter - $40, all the oil you can stand - free
NOTE: always keep an extra fuel filter in your car!

No comments:

Post a Comment