Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Golf - Fake Drivers!

Just a heads up to share my experiences with the Chinese counterfeiting industry and more specifically, with the Ping G10 driver.
Last spring, I finally decided to upgrade my equipment and hopefully, my score along with it. I read reviews at golfreview.ge for a few days and finally decided on the reasonably priced Ping G10. Once it arrived, I eagerly took it to the driving range, anticipating longer, straighter drives. I had been playing a set of Wilson Pro Staffs (my first set) and could hit the driver effectively, but much shorter than my friends. Well, long story short, I took the 454 to the range for a week straight and kept hitting a 90 deg. slice. I mean, totally nasty. I kept thinking it was my swing, so I would concentrate harder on my mechanics. Unfortunately, it never improved. As soon as I'd switch back to my old school Wilson, I'd be smacking drives, albeit fairly short.

Now that I have a greater understanding of the amount and variety of counterfeit items readily available, I am convinced I own a fake club. In addition, I went to Golfsmith and hit a G10 in their facility and there was no geparison between my club and theirs. Their G10 had a much more solid feel

No comments:

Post a Comment