Sunday, August 16, 2009

So many fakes in one place!!!! What to do?

Just came back from a trip to my local Thrift store. OMG!!! While there I saw 6 Foaches (and I am sure there were more) 2 Fake Spades 1 Fake Furla and 12, yes folks 12 Fouis.... All but 3 of the (er hem) LV's were behind glass in the display case. All were marked as Louis Vuitton and they were asking $60 a peice for them. I asked the woman who was actually stocking 3 more!!! if I could see them... she handed them over and even my untrained eye (I have never owned one) could see they were trash...the straps were NOT leather, The hardware was too gold and cheap looking... no serial /date codes that I could find... I flat out told her, "you know these are fakes, right?".... to which she replied "yea, probably"... I told her "no, not probably, they are and it is illegal to sell these" I went into the copyright infringement and told her to look it up and that they could get into trouble for selling them... she just got that 'deer in the headlights look and shrugged and kept putting them in the display.... What can I do? Can I call the local FBI office and if I do will they investigate? ... no wonder there are so many bad fakes on Ebay, you can walk into a thrift shop any day of the week and find plenty of them. Then whoever buys it thinks they just got a bargain (or knows outright that it's fake but either is ignorant of the law or doesn't care) and trys to turn a buck. I guess it shows I've been spending waaaay too much time on the boards because a few months ago, I wouldn't have even noticed or given it a second thought.



Orignal From: So many fakes in one place!!!! What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment