Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Questions abiout Mary Frances (Retired?) bags

We got a small group of new Mary Frances bags from a relative of Mary Frances who I met. She said she used to sell them but no longer does. Only one bag has the Mary Frances tags, the others do not have tags but they were all obviously of the same origin. I tried to pick out the prettiest ones. Apologies, no pics yet but there will be when we have time. We are not sure we are going to list the bags yet, as ebay business seems to have hit summer doldrums at least for us and I am pretty much taking the next 10 days off form work. Not planning new listings, maybe relists only. This is my first experience with MF bags. They are different, in some particulars, from most of the MF bags I see on the net. They feel like boxes of thin wood, covered with textured fabrics and/or leather (the coverings are thin and I can't tell). The coverings are textured and/or painted, with the colorful imaginative beading and stones, etc. applied over that. They are all shoulder bags with the shoulder straps of cord and metal chain. They do not have magnetic closings. On ebay, the closest thing I notice to these bags is a cat shaped MF bag that is now being auctioned. Mine look like that type but they are not cats. Does anyone know MF bags well, who can tell me any info about these? Are they retired or something new? I would guess retired. Thanks for any info. And hi to you pursies! I haven't been on this board for a while, haven't been buying many bags, very time consuming trying to rule out the possibility of fakes unless you get them from a designated retailer. I don't think relatives of the Louis Vuitton family are selling their purses, he he.



Orignal From: Questions abiout Mary Frances (Retired?) bags

No comments:

Post a Comment